Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Adam Boyle <ab...@valsphere.com> on 2016/09/27 03:35:10 UTC

Running an ROP server outside Maven

I'm looking for some ROP expertise here... can someone provide a simple example of how to run an ROP server instance outside of running the Cayenne Maven task that does the same? Any help is much appreciated.

-Adam

Re: Running an ROP server outside Maven

Posted by Savva Kolbachev <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Here is an example of how to run HTTP/2 Jetty ROP server with Protostuff
serialization. I think it might be helpful for you.
https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/tutorials/tutorial-rop-server-http2/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/tutorial/Http2Server.java

The main point is adding Cayenne Http2ROPServlet to ServletContextHandler:
ServletContextHandler context = new ServletContextHandler(server, "/",
ServletContextHandler.SESSIONS);
context.addServlet(new ServletHolder("cayenne-project", new Http2ROPServlet()),
"/");

Http2ROPServlet contains configuration for Cayenne server runtime and
starts it.
https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/tutorials/tutorial-rop-server-http2/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/tutorial/Http2ROPServlet.java

--
Best Regards,