Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Riaan Annandale <ri...@mundane.co.za> on 2019/11/15 08:16:55 UTC

Multiple restConfiguration()'s

Hi everyone

I have a camel application that I've integrated with keycloak in order to use Oauth2 - which works really well.

I'd like to put the same application behind an API gateway so that I can use API Keys for authentication as well. This is my problem statement and in terms of solution I immediately though that maybe I can just do a second restConfiguration which will run on a different port and can then be secured behind the api gateway. Both "apps" will expose all my routebuilders, so think of it as two "instances" of the same code, but with separate entry points (I am also considering use environment variables and literally spinning up two apps - it's running in openshift, so shouldn't be too much of a hassle and I can share underlying infrastructure fairly seamlessly (mongoDb, Postgres))

It doesn't look like this is possible at the moment as it seems you can have only one restConfig per camel context.

My question is therefore twofold - has anyone done something like this? And/ or have any recommendations re: tackling this problem?

Thanks
Riaan