Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/06 11:38:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] drop mapreduce-pipes

It has been many years since anyone did any work on mapreduce-pipes and
given the large number of hadoop-cluster streaming frameworks in the ASF
alone, probably the same number of years since anyone actually launched a
pipe job other than during testing.

As such, it's a background noise maintenance problem and extra delays in
test runs.

What do people think about deleting it?

-Steve

Re: [DISCUSS] drop mapreduce-pipes

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
I'm +1 too.

Marking it as deprecated on 3.3.0 and dropping on 3.4.0 would be an option.

-Pnative build failure on RHEL/CentOS 8 is on-going issue of hadoop-pipes.
I will appreciate review of HADOOP-16739 if it takes some time to drop
pipes.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.