Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Finney <fi...@ACM.org> on 2009/02/07 02:40:21 UTC

Sharing Exercise Code

Hi,

I wish to make it easy for people to download some code, change it for the
sake of practicing (CodeKata), and then throw it all away.

Would it be a good idea to create an archetype per chunk of code and submit
the Maven 2 archetypes to the central repository? We're talking about very
small amounts of code with varying amounts of dependencies. Example:
http://code.google.com/p/funkata/source/browse/trunk/src/main/java/com/smili
ngsoftwaresolutions/funkata/Kid.java and its associated test class would be
1 chunk of code; dependency is JUnit.

Some small practice exercises will depend on struts2. So, it's still small
chunks of code, but with much larger dependency trees. (Similar to the
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.struts/struts2-blank )

What makes sense in this context?

Thanks for your time.

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
finney@ACM.org