Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Laberge <jl...@redboxstudios.com> on 2003/01/06 00:17:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems posting

Hello!

I am having a problem with apache 2.0.40 regarding the POST bug.  Their is
only one thing.  I was recommended to upgrade to apache 2.0.43 but I have
plenty modules that are used by apache and the modules that are with 2.0.40
can't be used by apache 2.0.43 and that would mean I would have to reinstall
php etc... Etc.. Right??

Isn't their a patch for this, if not I guess I'll just have to use a
javascript for this that seperates all of my textareas into many different
variables.

Thank you and to all a nice day!
--
Conception, art visuel, multimedia et internet

Jonathan Laberge
jlaberge@redboxstudios.com

Les Studios RedBox inc.
9643 boul. LaSalle
LaSalle (Québec)
Canada H8R 2N7

www.redboxstudios.com

514 368 3962 bur/off
514 368 9212 tel/fax
514 865 2554 cell/mob

RE: [users@httpd] Problems posting

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.
No. there's no need to reinstall the add-ons for your server, as far as
I know no special changes should be made when upgrading the server from
2.040 to 2.043. If any module will not work, post it here and we would
try to help you out with it.
Regarding the PHP and the rest, you don't need to overwrite your current
httpd.conf file, just save it, upgrade, and then overwrite it with the
file that you saved.
Or you can save the configuration file, uninstall the Apache, and then
reinstall with the newer version and then overwrite it with your
configuration file.
Both ways are good as long that you are using Apache on WIN32 box,
otherwise you'll have to ask others in here how to do so on your
Linux/Unix box.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen