Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Denis Noctor <de...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/17 23:56:28 UTC

Where are OM backups stored?

Hi there Maxim,

I hope this email finds you well. I made a huge mistake of doing a OM
system backup via the user interface (which included uploaded files (which
total more than 8 gigs). Unfortunately I did not realize that this resulted
in my Amazon Instance Disk Volume becoming 100% full and the backup was
interrupted (no space to complete the backup) - also resulting in me to no
longer being able to SSH the instance... or restart it. I have since been
able to make a copy of the volume via Amazon and mounted it to a new
instance volume to see if I can delete backup files that are taking up
unnecessary space... and then remount the volume to the original instance.
Any idea where this (these) backup file(s) are temporarily located before
being downloaded to desktop so I can delete them. A faster approach would
probably be to do a fresh install... but that will result in me losing my
Maria DB also.

Using OM 5 M3 / Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / AWS EC2

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Denis

Virus-free.