Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Hahn Kurt (CHA)" <ku...@etat.ge.ch> on 2002/08/21 12:42:32 UTC

Question on forms

Hi,
I'm trying to build a form in Cocoon.

My first question: I'm a complete newbie concerning forms (meaning passing
the parameter in GET/POST requests and all that stuff), but I'm getting to
know Cocoon better. Should I first work my way through forms in a "neutral"
environnement, or is it not more difficult to start writing them directly in
Cocoon, using xsp and actions etc.?

My second: In the pipeline below (which I copied from the samples), I
couldn't figure out what the parameter name "view-source" does. In the
transformer documentation, there's no reference to this one. Can anybody
help me with this?

Thanks in advance

<map:match pattern="forms/*">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/samples/forms/{1}.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="view-source"
value="docs/samples/forms/{1}.xsp"/>
     </map:transform>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

Re: Question on forms

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
> My second: In the pipeline below (which I copied from the samples), I
> couldn't figure out what the parameter name "view-source" does. In the
> transformer documentation, there's no reference to this one. Can anybody
> help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> <map:match pattern="forms/*">
>      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/samples/forms/{1}.xsp"/>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="view-source"
> value="docs/samples/forms/{1}.xsp"/>
>      </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>

Hello Kurt,

the parameter "view-source" is passed to the stylesheet
dynamic-page2html.xsl. The value of the param is filled with the ref to the
xsp. For more information have a look into the stylesheet, what happens with
the parameter.

Joerg

--

System Development