Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/05 18:23:12 UTC

Logging - cleaning up older log folders

Hi Michael,

Regarding logging, each time i run the test, it creates a folder
(timestamped) under test/target. Is there a limit to these folders? Does
maven have a goal for cleaning up the existing folders. For example, can
i do something like telling maven that i just want the last 10 log
files, any older ones should be cleaned up. I think that the
RollingFileAppender in Log4j is an option where it would create backups
of existing log files, but i can still tell log4j to maintain x number
of backups.

--
Karan Singh

Re: Logging - cleaning up older log folders

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Karan,

as far as I know there is no such limit, other than available space on
your disk :-). Calling 'maven clean' removes the entire target
directory, so all the log directories will be gone. Please note, it also
removes all the class files and the installed schema.

Regards Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> Regarding logging, each time i run the test, it creates a folder
> (timestamped) under test/target. Is there a limit to these folders? Does
> maven have a goal for cleaning up the existing folders. For example, can
> i do something like telling maven that i just want the last 10 log
> files, any older ones should be cleaned up. I think that the
> RollingFileAppender in Log4j is an option where it would create backups
> of existing log files, but i can still tell log4j to maintain x number
> of backups.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin