Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 13:32:42 UTC

Change the UIMA AS service log configurations

Hello!
   I have several UIMA AS services(n services) started with
deployAsyncService.cmd. They are started from the same folder. Since they
are using the default configuration of the log4j, they are writing  the log
files with the names uima.log, uima.log.1, ...,uima.log.n. Thus is very
difficult to identify the log file for a specific service
 What I would like is to change the name of these log files in order to
reflect the name of the ran service. How can I achieve such kind of feature?
I look forward for your answers.
Thank you.
  Regards,
   Florin

Re: Change the UIMA AS service log configurations

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this the best way, but consider using different
Logger.properties (default one is in UIMA_HOME/as_config) for each
service. Change

java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = uima.log

to whatever you want and set

UIMA_JVM_OPTS=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=myfile

before you launch the service

JC