Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 21:19:04 UTC

Status of mapred*

Will 2.0+ hadoop continue supporting mapred* classes?  Or are they being
phased out.

In particular, it appears to me that the RawLocalFileSystem doesnt work
quite properly with mapred implementations that use the getPos()
functionality inside of RecordReaders, and I was wondering wether I should
look into the patch history of RawLocalFileSystem, or else, just consider
mapred* libraries debunked and approaching irrelevance.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Status of mapred*

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello,

The mapred.* API will be fully supported in 2.x.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will 2.0+ hadoop continue supporting mapred* classes?  Or are they being
> phased out.
>
> In particular, it appears to me that the RawLocalFileSystem doesnt work
> quite properly with mapred implementations that use the getPos()
> functionality inside of RecordReaders, and I was wondering wether I should
> look into the patch history of RawLocalFileSystem, or else, just consider
> mapred* libraries debunked and approaching irrelevance.
>
> --
> Jay Vyas
> http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

--