Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 16:37:10 UTC

Re: Using componentDescriptors with a multi-module assembly

In you assembly descriptor:

    <componentDescriptors>
        <componentDescriptor>src/assemble/reusable-component.xml
</componentDescriptor>
    </componentDescriptors>

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: Using componentDescriptors with a multi-module assembly

Posted by "Westfall, Eric Curtis" <ew...@indiana.edu>.
I'm using 2.2-beta-2.nrm.1 from http://mavenversionedsnapshots.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ because of another bug which was only allowing the first exclude in the list to work ;)

If this is a bug, do you know if it's a known issue or is it something that I should report?

Thanks for the response!
Eric

On 12/15/07 11:33 AM, "John Casey" <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:

What version of the assembly plugin are you using? This may be a bug,
if you're using the 2.2-beta-2 snapshot.

-john

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: Using componentDescriptors with a multi-module assembly

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
> [...]

>> </component>
>>
>> However, I can't seem to get this to work when I attempt to
>> include it
>> back
>> in my original assembly.  At first I figured the
>> <componentDescriptors/>
>> element would go into the moduleSet but I got "Unrecognised tag"
>> errors
>> when
>> trying that.  Whenever I put the component descriptor at top-level
>> under
>> <assembly/> the assembly would execute successfully but my
>> exclusion list
>> was not being honored for the individual module dependencies (so I
>> would
>> end
>> up with junt, etc. in my WEB-INF/lib directory)
>>
>> Does anyone have an example of how I can make this work?  Any help

---

Posted by "Westfall, Eric Curtis" <ew...@indiana.edu>.
Right, I tried the following: