Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matilda Robert <ma...@wfinet.com> on 2006/07/14 16:57:05 UTC

Problem w/M2 plugin

Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with accessing information using maven 2.0 this
morning?  I am getting the following error:

Project ID:  org.codehaus.cargo-maven2-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin' from
the repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata
from 'C:\Folder File name
\username\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\cargo\cargo-maven2-plugin\maven-metada

ta-cargo m2 snapshot repository.xml': entity reference name can not contain
character =' (position: TEXT seen
...dehaus.org/pages/editpage.action?spaceKey=${space.spaceKey}&title=...

@210:120)

  org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:pom:LATEST

For example, I get this error after running a mvn cargo:clean command.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks in advanced,

Matilda

Attention:
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. The
information contained in this message and or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you
material from any system and destroy any copies.

RE: Problem w/M2 plugin

Posted by Matilda Robert <ma...@wfinet.com>.
Thanks Wendy,

I will try it out.

Matilda

> Is anyone having problems with accessing information using maven 2.0 this
> morning?  I am getting the following error:
>
> Project ID:  org.codehaus.cargo-maven2-plugin
>
> Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin'
from
> the repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read
metadata
> from 'C:\Folder File name

\username\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\cargo\cargo-maven2-plugin\maven-metada
> ta-cargo m2 snapshot repository.xml': entity reference name can not
contain
> character =' (position: TEXT seen
> ...dehaus.org/pages/editpage.action?spaceKey=${space.spaceKey}&title=...

Yes, something similar happened here yesterday.  It looks like you
have corrupted metadata in your local repository.  This worked:

Delete Cargo from your local repository,
   rm -rf $M2_REPO/org/codehaus/cargo

and then double-check the remote repo you're using to get the Cargo
snapshots.  This one is working for me (up to yesterday I was using a
different one,):
   http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org

Then again, I build Cargo from source locally, so that may also have
fixed it. :)

HTH,
--
Wendy

RE: Problem w/M2 plugin--- Fixed

Posted by Matilda Robert <ma...@wfinet.com>.
Hi,

I figured out the problem with the "unable to read file error."  I realized
that my file wasn't corrupted; I was just using an out-of-date maven 2.0
cargo plugin.  I made the following change to my pom.xml file after making a
copy of my old codehaus directory; I changed:

<url>http://cargo.codehaus.org/dist2-snapshot</url>

<url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>

Then I ran the mvn package command.  I found in Maven 2.0 that you have to
run some commands several times in order for a file to run correctly so
after running the command 4 times the package ran correctly.  FYI, the error
message I was getting was an "I/O Exception" error so it just had to get all
of the information to run properly.  Thank you for your help.  Also, it is
hard to corrupt the codehaus file since maven creates it automatically with
the url.

Thanks again Wendy for your help and I hope that this message helps someone
else who has a message like this.

Matilda

Re: Problem w/M2 plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.