Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/01/03 16:29:12 UTC

What does JIRA "Resume progress" do?

Hi,

I'm wondering what JIRA "Resume progress" is for?

I have it here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7287

I pushed a patch for 0.94 and seems I should have pushed for trunk. So
I repushed for trunk but seems that Hadoop QA is no more looking at
it. Do I need to do anything to have Hadoop QA looking at it? Or
simply wait?

Thanks,

JM

Re: What does JIRA "Resume progress" do?

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.
I don't know :-)
I don't use it personally, I suppose it means its usage is not mandatory on
HBase.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Ok, got it.

Thanks for the clarification.

JM

2013/1/3, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>:
> Its a JIRA status feature helpful for time-tracking work - you can
> start/stop progress and time is tracked appropriately. In most OSS
> instances, this goes unused, although you can use it if you want to
> track time for self over the JIRAs you are working on (those which
> aren't ready for review yet, in which case it becomes Patch
> Available).
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <je...@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>> Thanks. I just followed the 3 steps. Will see.
>>
>> Regarding "Resume progress", when should that be used?
>>
>> JM
>>
>> 2013/1/3, Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>>
>>> Hadoop-QA is only for trunk.
>>> If you want to resubmit a patch (for trunk so), you need to do these
>>> operations in this order:
>>> 1) Cancel patch
>>> 2) Attach the new file

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.