Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/07 17:43:19 UTC

Apache Board report

We have a Apache Board report due this week.

I'm including my first version below - if no one has any changes -
I'll submit it as is.

Thanks.

D.
------------

Apache ESME's mission: Enterprise Social Messaging Environment (ESME) is a
secure and highly scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that
allows people to discover and meet one another and get controlled access
to other sources of information, all in a business process context.

Moving to TLP:
ESME graduated from the Incubator in December 2010. The majority
of the items on the Incubator transfer to TLP list have been completed
but not all. We are still using the wiki-based export as our main site
but are working on the CMS-based site.

We've also been discussing branding and have selected a new icon to
reflect our new TLP status.

We are also publishing blogs on the Apache blog site [1] that focus on
aspects of ESME that are of interest to developers.

Releases:
none yet (as a TLP)

2010-10-09 1.1 (Incubator - last release)

Development:
We are pushing towards our 1.2 release and are learning how best to
use the new functionality (Grasshopper, etc) provided by the JIRA
version change.

Community:
No changes

Issues: