Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Prithish <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 09:05:22 UTC

AVRO File size when caching in-memory

Can someone please explain why this happens?

When I read a 600kb AVRO file and cache this in memory (using cacheTable),
it shows up as 11mb (storage tab in Spark UI). I have tried this with
different file sizes, and the size in-memory is always proportionate. I
thought Spark compresses when using cacheTable.

RE: AVRO File size when caching in-memory

Posted by Shreya Agarwal <sh...@microsoft.com>.
Ah, yes. Nested schemas should be avoided if you want the best memory usage.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Posted by Prithish <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,