Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Suresh Saggar <ss...@bsb.in> on 2012/11/23 06:38:25 UTC

Apache PIG - java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: getJobTrackerAddrs is not supported

Hey Folks,

I'm getting this exception -
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1002: Unable to
store alias … - in the PigServer code which shows "Caused by:
org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: ERROR 2117:
Unexpected error when launching map reduce job." and further "Caused by:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve error that occured when
launching map reduce job: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
*getJobTrackerAddrs
is not supported*"

You can see the stack trace using this link -
https://gist.github.com/4129687

Besides, *these variables are already set in the shel*l from where I am
running, but I'm still getting the error:

root@hadoop2:/home/hduser/analytics_apache/analytics# echo $HADOOP_HOME
$HADOOP_CONF_DIR $PIG_HOME $PIG_CLASSPATH
/usr/local/hadoop-1.1.0 /usr/local/hadoop-1.1.0/conf /usr/local/pig-0.10.0
/usr/local/pig-0.10.0/pig-0.10.0.jar

*And the Map-Reduce Job waits at 0% before throwing the above exception*:

 [java] Thu Nov 22 07:28:10 2012
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.JobControlCompiler
INFO BytesPerReducer=1000000000 maxReducers=999 totalInputFileSize=0
 [java] Thu Nov 22 07:28:10 2012
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.JobControlCompiler
INFO Neither PARALLEL nor default parallelism is set for this job. Setting
number of reducers to 1
 [java] Thu Nov 22 07:28:10 2012
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
INFO 1 map-reduce job(s) waiting for submission.
 [java] Thu Nov 22 07:28:11 2012
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.MapReduceLauncher
INFO 0% complete

Can someone please take a look and revert. Thanks in advance.

Suresh Saggar

Re: Apache PIG - java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: getJobTrackerAddrs is not supported

Posted by Suresh Saggar <ss...@bsb.in>.
Any help on this?