Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2006/05/11 09:58:16 UTC

[jelly] Trying to understand TestJSL.testExample1

Hi,

in the efforts of upgrading to dom4j-1.6, I've bumped into the following
weird behaviour which may be my too small knowledge of JSL:

TestJSL.testExample1 tests the output of the jelly file:
    src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/jsl/example.jelly
and then tries to assert that the first resulting <small> element should
start with "James Elson" which is only contained in an attribute in the
source document whereas <small> elements, in this jsl stylesheet are
output with the template:
  <jsl:template match="*">
    <small><jsl:applyTemplates/></small>
  </jsl:template>
i.e. only matching elements, not any node...
Can someone tell me whether this test is reasonable ?

The test is running with dom4j 1.5.2 (that tastes like a bug!)
This assert is the only breakage I have in jsl with dom4j 1.6.1.

thanks for hints

paul

PS: I managed already with dom4j-1.5.2...