Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ge...@ext.ec.europa.eu on 2008/04/09 14:00:07 UTC

Maven repository mirror

Hi,

We are thinking about setting up an internal maven 2 repository mirror here at the European Commission.
How much space is currently required for the central repository? The maven website mentions "16GB and growing".
Can we just rsync every couple of hours using one of the following commands or do we need te follow a procedure?
We don't want to be blacklisted and kicked off.
 rsync -v -t -l -r mirrors.ibiblio.org::maven2 /your/local/path
 rsync -v -t -l -r rsync://rsync.cica.es/maven2 /your/local/path
Are these locations still the primary locations to rsync?

Kind regards,
Geert Van Bastelaere

--------
Geert Van Bastelaere
European Commission - DIGIT.A.3.001
B-28 03/151, Belliardstraat 28, 1040 Brussel
phone: +32-(0)2-29.57102
mailto:Geert.VAN-BASTELAERE@ext.ec.europa.eu

RE: Maven repository mirror

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
As far as I know, the recommended method is not to rsync, as you don't need a full copy. Try running a maven proxy, like Archiva, Nexus or Artifactory, which work like a mirroring proxy. When they don't have a requested artifact, they will collect it from central or any other repository you set up and will keep it in their local repository. These also can work as a inhouse repository, to deploy your own artifacts to.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk