Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ramyogi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 04:25:23 UTC

SOLR 7.5.0 (Migrate from 5.3.1 to 7.5.0)

We are migrating solr 5.3 to solr 7.5 after done,

2/12/2019, 11:22:37 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=4
2/12/2019, 11:22:37 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=4
2/12/2019, 11:22:37 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=5
2/12/2019, 11:22:37 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=5
2/12/2019, 11:22:38 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=5
2/12/2019, 11:22:38 AM
WARN false
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
SolrCore
[test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=6
2/12/2019, 1:45:39 PM
WARN true
x:test_shard20_replica_n38
DirectUpdateHandler2
Starting optimize... Reading and rewriting the entire index! Use with care.

Eventhough index is optimized and segment xount is 1. Keep triggering
"DirectUpdateHandler2
Starting optimize... Reading and rewriting the entire index! Use with care."
What these warning signifies and how to resolve those ?
we configured ZK host (3 hosts) created CNAME and use that to SOLR
configuration zkHost=http://<>/

Re: SOLR 7.5.0 (Migrate from 5.3.1 to 7.5.0)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 2/12/2019 9:25 PM, ramyogi wrote:
> [test_shard20_replica_n38] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
> onDeckSearchers=6
> 2/12/2019, 1:45:39 PM
> WARN true
> x:test_shard20_replica_n38
> DirectUpdateHandler2
> Starting optimize... Reading and rewriting the entire index! Use with care.
>
> Eventhough index is optimized and segment xount is 1. Keep triggering
> "DirectUpdateHandler2
> Starting optimize... Reading and rewriting the entire index! Use with care."

Solr will *NEVER* do an optimize on its own.  It is always triggered by
outside action.  Something is telling Solr to do an optimize.

> What these warning signifies and how to resolve those ?
> we configured ZK host (3 hosts) created CNAME and use that to SOLR
> configuration zkHost=http://<>/

The "Overlapping onDeckSearchers" message is caused by doing commits
with openSearcher set to true (true is the default) too frequently.  One
commit is not yet complete when another one is triggered.  Based on how
many overlapping searchers the log says there are, it seems that there
are a lot of commits happening in quick succession.

These messages are not a direct result of upgrading.  Version 5.3.1 can
log them too.

Thanks,
Shawn