Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jurko Gospodnetić <ju...@pke.hr> on 2012/01/16 17:24:39 UTC

Documentation for svnserve based server setup out-of-date.

   Hi.

   Svnserve based server related documentation as available on
'http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-serversetup-svnserve.html'
seems to be out of date.

   The links there are now invalid.

   Also, CollabNet no longer packages a simple server distribution.
Instead it now packages its Subversion Edge package which is quite large
and, although it contains the necessary svnserve executable, is actually
biased towards an Apache/HTTP based server setup. It can be used but
then its default server first needs to be removed (services stopped) and
a new svnserve based service set up manually.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić

Re: Documentation for svnserve based server setup out-of-date.

Posted by ju...@pke.hr.
  Hi.

> CollabNet still provides the plain binaries package it always has.  It
> is available here:
>
> http://www.open.collab.net/downloads/subversion/svn-other.html

  Thanks for the info.

  When I originally checked this I saw only Edge & Client distributions on the download page and failed to see/check the 'other downloads' link.

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodneti&#263;

Re: Documentation for svnserve based server setup out-of-date.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Documentation for svnserve based server setup out-of-date.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 16, 2012, at 10:24, Jurko Gospodnetić wrote:

>  Svnserve based server related documentation as available on 'http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-serversetup-svnserve.html' seems to be out of date.

You should report that problem to the TortoiseSVN mailing list, not here.