Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by javateck javateck <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 22:32:11 UTC

safemode forever

Hi,
  I'm wondering if anyone has solutions about the nonstopped safe mode, any
way to get it around?

  thanks,

error: org.apache.hadoop.dfs.SafeModeException: Cannot delete
/mapred/system. Name node is in safe mode.
The ratio of reported blocks 0.4696 has not reached the threshold 0.9990.
Safe mode will be turned off automatically.

Re: safemode forever

Posted by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com>.
It means tht not all blocks have been reported
Can u check how many datanodes have reported in UI or bin/hadoop
dfsadmin -report

In case u have to disable the safemode check bin/hadoop dfsadmin
-safemode command
it has options to enter/leave/get
-Sagar