Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Gimhani Uthpala <gi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/11 12:22:46 UTC

GSOC 2017:Getting started with RYA

Hi all,
I am Gimhani Uthpala, a final year undergraduate from Department of
Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.

I am interested in contributing to the project idea "Federated
reasoning for multiple instances of Rya" with GSOC 2017. I am skilled
in Java based developments.I cloned the project from Mirror at github
and started setting up other prerequisites to run RYA.

I tried out RYA with vagrant VM as well[1]. I was able to successfully
setup OpenRDF workbench. Verification were successful up-to the 3rd
step. However, installing RYA failed with the following error.

==> default: Installing Rya
==> default: [rya.indexing.example-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT-distribution.zip]
==> default:   End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either
this file is not
==> default:   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part
archive.  In the
==> default:   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment
will be found on
==> default:   the last disk(s) of this archive.
==> default: unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of
rya.indexing.example-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT-distribution.zip or
==> default:
rya.indexing.example-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT-distribution.zip.zip, and cannot
find rya.indexing.example-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT-distribution.zip.ZIP,
period.
==> default: cp:
==> default: cannot stat
‘rya.indexing.example-3.2.10-SNAPSHOT-distribution/dist/lib/*’
==> default: : No such file or directory

I am pleased if someone can help me in correcting the Vagrantfile to
avoid this error. The download link in Vagrantfile for RYA example
works fine and attempts I made on changing Vagrantfile was not
successful.

Thank you.

Gimhani Uthpala Kankanamge
Undergraduate |Dept. of Computer Sci. and Eng.,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-rya/tree/master/extras/vagrantExample/src/main/vagrant

Re: GSOC 2017:Getting started with RYA

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
Hi Gimhani,

Dropbox sometimes does not work inside the VM - we noticed that from my
university environment too.
You can download the Rya sources from
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/rya/rya-incubating-3.2.10/  and build
Rya from source with mvn clean install, or if you can access the dropbox
location from outside VM, then download outside VM and place those files in
a location accessible from VM. For example, I put the same files on my
website at https://www.usna.edu/Users/cs/adina/research/ so I could access
them from VM. You will need to change the Vagrant script to get the files
from whatever different location you place the files.

Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
Associate Professor, Computer Science Department