Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com> on 2013/08/25 04:47:02 UTC

Configure for Build

Can someone tell me how configure script works for compiling OpenOffice? Specifically, the ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel function. I am trying to configure Solaris 10 to compile the source code, but configure is telling me that it can not find the system headers. I chose the --with-system-mdds optio and installed mdds. The headers are located in /usr/locl/include, but configure is telling me that it cannot find  the appropriate headers.

checking which curl to use... internal
checking which mdds to use... external
checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp usability... no
checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp presence... no
checking for mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp... no
configure: error: mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp not found. install mdd

Re: Configure for Build

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 25.08.2013 04:47, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Can someone tell me how configure script works for compiling OpenOffice? Specifically, the ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel function.

ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel is defined in the generated configure script.  A description and a definition of the function can be found in the configure script itself (I have it at line 2313).

ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel corresponds to AC_CHECK_HEADER calls in configure.in.  These are documented on the autoconf homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/Generic-Headers.html

-Andre

Re: Configure for Build

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Hi Raymond,

On 25.08.2013 04:47, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Can someone tell me how configure script works for compiling OpenOffice? Specifically, the ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel function. I am trying to configure Solaris 10 to compile the source code, but configure is telling me that it can not find the system headers. I chose the --with-system-mdds optio and installed mdds. The headers are located in /usr/locl/include, but configure is telling me that it cannot find  the appropriate headers.
>
> checking which curl to use... internal
> checking which mdds to use... external
> checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp usability... no
> checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp presence... no
> checking for mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp... no
> configure: error: mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp not found. install mdd

The compiler doesn't seem to use /usr/locl/include as a standard include
path. If the mdds stuff was installed there by default then it is
strange that the compiler doesn't expect it there.

Anyway, we can help the compiler a little using the trick [1] of telling
it via a CPPFLAGS environment variable where to look.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2001-05/msg00020.html

Herbert