Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexandre Martins <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 13:52:43 UTC

How Can I change the default operator to "AND"?

Hi All,

Somebody knows how can I user the AND as default operator for fulltext
searchs?

query: house name => house OR name (default)
i need change to: house name => house AND name (like google)

ps. Other question, the search result cache, how can I put enable false?

thanks,

--
Alexandre Costa Martins
CESAR - Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems

E-mail: alexandre.martins@cesar.org.br
MSN: xandecmartins@hotmail.com
GTalk: alexandremartins@gmail.com
Skype: xandecmartins
Mobile: +55 (81) 9929-9548
Office: +55 (81) 3425-4763
Fax: +55 (81) 3425-4701

Re: How Can I change the default operator to "AND"?

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Alexandre Martins wrote:
> for instance: When I execute the same query 100 turns. The process time of
> the last query is better than the fisrt.
>
> Why this happen? I think that the jackrabbit make cache...or not?

jackrabbit contains several caches, that's correct. but none of them caches the
result of a query.

e.g. jackrabbits query manager contains a cache that speeds up hierarchy
resolution. the jackrabbit core contains cache for items. and finally even the
filesystem of your OS will have caches.

there is no way you can disable them all. that's why performance tests are
usually done with a 'warmed' up system and well distributed / randomized test
values.

regards
  marcel

Re: How Can I change the default operator to "AND"?

Posted by Alexandre Martins <al...@gmail.com>.
for instance: When I execute the same query 100 turns. The process time of
the last query is better than the fisrt.

Why this happen? I think that the jackrabbit make cache...or not?

BR,

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.