Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by takidoso <Ma...@de.equens.com> on 2009/11/17 18:17:30 UTC

Funny behaviour of filters (second try with upload file)

well here my second try of loading up the configuration file, since the paste
seems not to work properly.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26393678/log4j.xml log4j.xml

First I treid it using LevelMin and LevelMax the otherway around, but then I
did not get any logging file.
I am using log4j Version 1.2.15

Re: Funny behaviour of filters (second try with upload file)

Posted by takidoso <Ma...@de.equens.com>.
I found out that my problem I detected was my own fault. To the time the
programm lets log4j put out the particular warning log4j is not configured
yet.
And there is my next question:
I have the situation, that i like to configure my own programme and use
log4j to put out particular configuration-problems. Since the configuartion
of my own programme also got teh filename of the log4j configuration I have
kind of of chicken-and-egg-problem (as we'd say in German)
My idea is now having a provisoric log4j configuration and using the
configured file later on.
But therefore it would be nice having a simple way of getting rid of the
first configuration, since log4j configures additively.
Is there a method like that somewhere?

thanks a lot in advance fro any good hint.