Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Masaoud Taher Moonim <ma...@pspl.co.in> on 2000/07/06 11:20:54 UTC

Xalan-Java Version 1.1.D01

Hi,

I am working with Xalan-Java Version 1.1.D01 and I noticed
the following behavior.

I invoke a XSLT processor using :
    processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();

I then invoke the process method passing to it references
to 2 BufferedInputStreams, and store the result in a
ByteArrayOutputStream like this :

processor.process( new XSLTInputSource( xmlDoc ),
                   new XSLTInputSource( xslDoc ),
                   new XSLTResultTarget( baos ) );

    where : xmlDoc and xslDoc are BufferedInputStreams,
            and baos is a ByteArrayOutputStream.

The above works fine if invoked from a normal method.
But if I invoke the same code from within a thread I get
a NullPointerException or ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

I am currently using an NT Workstation with Sun JDK v1.3.

Has there been any other such known behavior while using
the Xalan processor with threads, or am I doing something
wrong.

I would be highly obliged, if you could help me out in
this matter.

Thanks and Regards
Masaoud

P.S. : Initially I used the Xalan_1_0_1 processor, and
observed the same behavior.