Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Schneider <sc...@lathanda.de> on 2002/07/06 19:48:47 UTC

Memory only classes

Hi

I use Memory only classes. In 5.0 it was possible to call Repository#add
for every class in Memory an then verify it. Now (cvs date 2002/07/04)
the Repository#lookup method no longer uses the hashed JavaClass, but
loads everytime from disc.
That's bad for me for 2 reasons, first i don't like the classes being
loaded out of classpath, second many classes i use only exist in memory.
The verification rejects my classes with 'class not found'. Which is
correct because the org.apache.bcel.Repository, does no longer return
them.

This would be easy to solve. If it would be possible to exchange the
org.apache.util.Repository used by org.apache.Repository.
But that field is private and there are no access Methods.

the point is...

Is there a working solution for verifing classes, that are not located
in the ClassPath?
Will there be support for using own org.apache.bcel.util.Repository's?

Peter

Re: Memory only classes

Posted by Markus Dahm <ma...@berlin.de>.
Hi,

> I use Memory only classes. In 5.0 it was possible to call Repository#add
> for every class in Memory an then verify it. Now (cvs date 2002/07/04)
> the Repository#lookup method no longer uses the hashed JavaClass, but
> loads everytime from disc.

This bug has been fixed in the CVS version. (Bug ID: 10517)

Cheers
	Markus