Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Erwin Manurung <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/16 10:52:10 UTC

Remote Pull Replication Fails when using filter

Dear All,

Need help for replicating from remote database into local database.
Currently I developed an application where our local copy can be
push/pull ( synchronized) with server database.
Both 'remote' and local database is in my local.

When doing 'pull':
{
	source: "http://admin:password@localhost:5984/remotedb",
	target: "localdb",
	filter: "example/small_filter",
	query_params: { name: "myname" }
}

I will always get this error: (attached replicate_error.txt)
I'm using Apache CouchDB version: 1.1.0

I'm trying also using CouchDB from Couchbase, CouchDB version is
1.2.0a-b11df55-git

I will always get this changes_reader_died error:
{"error":"changes_reader_died"}

I assume this is happened because it has no access or can not found
the filter on the specified design doc.
But when I'm doing this like  below (local replication with the same
local and remote database, and the same filter):
{
	source: "remotedb",
	target: "localdb",
	filter: "example/small_filter",
	query_params: { name: "myname" }
}

It will just work fine.

Is anybody has any problem or solution found about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Rgrds,
Erwin Manurung

Re: Remote Pull Replication Fails when using filter

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 16 December 2011 10:52, Erwin Manurung <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Need help for replicating from remote database into local database.
> Currently I developed an application where our local copy can be
> push/pull ( synchronized) with server database.
> Both 'remote' and local database is in my local.
>
> When doing 'pull':
> {
>        source: "http://admin:password@localhost:5984/remotedb",
>        target: "localdb",
>        filter: "example/small_filter",
>        query_params: { name: "myname" }
> }
>

> I will always get this error: (attached replicate_error.txt)
> I'm using Apache CouchDB version: 1.1.0
>
> I'm trying also using CouchDB from Couchbase, CouchDB version is
> 1.2.0a-b11df55-git
>
> I will always get this changes_reader_died error:
> {"error":"changes_reader_died"}
>

> I assume this is happened because it has no access or can not found
> the filter on the specified design doc.
> But when I'm doing this like  below (local replication with the same
> local and remote database, and the same filter):
> {
>        source: "remotedb",
>        target: "localdb",
>        filter: "example/small_filter",
>        query_params: { name: "myname" }
> }
>
> It will just work fine.
>
> Is anybody has any problem or solution found about this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> --
> Rgrds,
> Erwin Manurung

Hi Erwin,

Without looking into this in detail, does it work if you specify a
user & passwd for the *target* db as well?
How are you triggering the replication - via _replicate or the replicator DB?

There's a JIRA open already for this

It may also help to post your filter and a sample doc excerpt,
although I think that's probably not your issue.

A+
Dave