Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/03 19:59:35 UTC

Is Livy podling still active?

There doesn't seem to be any recent activity on the mailing lists, and
no recent commits.

Sebb

Re: Is Livy podling still active?

Posted by Cheng Pan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Apache Kyuubi (Incubating)[1] is an option, it's a distributed and
multi-tenant gateway to provide serverless SQL on lakehouses.

[1] https://kyuubi.apache.org/

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
We are using Livy in our production, is there any alternative for Livy ??

On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 3:44 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Based on the discussions, it seems like we should start a formal retirement
> vote.  I will plan to start it within the next couple of days unless
> someone else does.
>
> John
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 9:38 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 at 13:27, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > AFAIR, a report has been submitted since. Report on cwiki doesn't mean
> > > it's the last send, we should check in the incubator board report.
> > >
> > > It's true that Livy is a "stable" project and kind of "mature"
> > > podling. IMHO, it should have graduated to TLP.
> >
> > Huh?
> > That would require an active PMC, for which there is little evidence.
> >
> > > As said, I tried to restart podling activity, but I didn't get a lot
> > > of updates: most people are Livy users but they don't seem to want to
> > > become contributors.
> >
> > Nor does anyone seem to want to deal with issues.
> >
> > > Regards
> > > JB

> > it is
> > that

> > reports
> in

> if

> on.

> Unfortunately,

> > luckbr1975@gmail.com>

> > podling and

> > lists, and

> > general-help@incubator.apache.org

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: Is Livy podling still active?

Posted by Shuai Di <sh...@apache.org>.
Apache Linkis(incubating) is also an option for a multi-tenant REST gateway
for big data engines.

Linkis builds a computation middle-ware layer to decouple the upper
applications and the underlying data engines, provides standardized
interfaces (REST, JDBC, WebSocket etc.) to easily connect to various
underlying engines (Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.), while enables cross engine
context sharing, unified job& engine governance and orchestration.

[1]https://linkis.apache.org/

Shuai Di
Best Regards.

Shuai Di
Best Regards.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> 于2022年7月25日周一 13:09写道:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
We had discussions last year, graduate or retire[1], but the project
still keep has remained downturn.

Therefore, I agree to retire.

[1]https://lists.apache.org/thread/3w2bbotwqr8sr59ojhqkcwt3p9wbq793

Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> 于2022年7月4日周一 13:30写道:

> Agree to move forward with a formal retirement vote.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 12:13 AM John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > Based on the discussions, it seems like we should start a formal retirement
> > vote.  I will plan to start it within the next couple of days unless
> > someone else does.
> >
> > John

> > > Huh?
> > > That would require an active PMC, for which there is little evidence.

> > > Nor does anyone seem to want to deal with issues.

> > > it is
> > > that

> > > reports

> > > luckbr1975@gmail.com>