Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ivan Baktsheev <ow...@apla.me> on 2013/10/13 07:46:15 UTC

cordova 3.1 hackability

Hi everyone!

I propose to fix three issues as soon as possible and make sure this was released. Cordova is not ideal and sometimes I don't have so much time to write a proper fix (or someone from cordova team have no time to fix and release). So, hooks mechanism absolutely needs to be updated.

What issues:
1) CB-4604 has merged to master, but is not available as released cordova-cli version;
2) CB-4866 not merged, but is flagged as fixed;
3) CB-4382 not fixed

Why?

In september we released G20 Summit mobile app using cordova 3.0 and this was very painful experience.

Splashes, icons, cleanup, wp8 and bb10 fixes just to build project properly — probably 1/10 of project time was taken by fixing cordova. Some of my patches fix things in wrong place (https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/30), some is available as a hook (CB-3571).

Just today i have seen another bug: asset from plugin is not added to the wp7 project and app fails.

I can write a proper fix on tuesday. Because of a time zone difference, my patch would be applied in wednesday. Released as cordova-cli version? I don't know. But i need to get it work just now. Adding those patches allows me to move forward.

thank you,
ivan