Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com> on 2013/11/21 07:41:23 UTC

Full debug in the application

Hello

     Does anybody know a way that I can full debug my application, same
when we do trace, but something that print everithing that is happening
from the flash application.

     The reason:

     I'm having an issue, I just cant found the problem, if I set the
background in a vbox, in combination with validateNow() and something else

     currentVBox3.setStyle('backgroundColor',0x003300);

     and later a disabled=false, the system will freeze. I have not
getStyle or something else that could make it freeze, the problem is
that I just cant found witch line is causing the problem once seens that
is a combination of lines in different places. I know that some times if
we have a "if" in a null object, we can have the system freezing as
well, so it could be related.
     I tried to use try/catch, but no error message
     I tried the debug
     I tried using MonsterDebbugger, but the application just stop
working, CPU increase, and no new messages on the debug application.

     So I was hopping have a full trace, I'm using eclipse, and already
try to found how to do that, but could found a way that it work.

thanks and best regards

Thiago Maia

---

Re: Full debug in the application

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.
Hi Alex

     Really thanks, with that I could find the lines thats is causing
that, I sent to Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33922

thanks a lot

Thiago Maia

On 11/20/2013 11:22 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Google for flash.trace.Trace.  It is not officially documented, and
> different from the trace() function.  It will allow you to output every
> debug line in a debug SWF so you can see what is and isn't being executed.
>
> But it might be easier just to set a breakpoint on
> LayoutManager.as:doPhasedInstantiation.  It should not be called over and
> over again.
>
> -Alex
>
> On 11/20/13 10:41 PM, "Thiago Maia" <a0...@a00s.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>>      Does anybody know a way that I can full debug my application, same
>> when we do trace, but something that print everithing that is happening
> >from the flash application.
>>      The reason:
>>
>>      I'm having an issue, I just cant found the problem, if I set the
>> background in a vbox, in combination with validateNow() and something else
>>
>>      currentVBox3.setStyle('backgroundColor',0x003300);
>>
>>      and later a disabled=false, the system will freeze. I have not
>> getStyle or something else that could make it freeze, the problem is
>> that I just cant found witch line is causing the problem once seens that
>> is a combination of lines in different places. I know that some times if
>> we have a "if" in a null object, we can have the system freezing as
>> well, so it could be related.
>>      I tried to use try/catch, but no error message
>>      I tried the debug
>>      I tried using MonsterDebbugger, but the application just stop
>> working, CPU increase, and no new messages on the debug application.
>>
>>      So I was hopping have a full trace, I'm using eclipse, and already
>> try to found how to do that, but could found a way that it work.
>>
>> thanks and best regards
>>
>> Thiago Maia
>>

>> ---
>> protection is active.