Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 02:30:02 UTC

Sales Tax - TaxAuthority question

Hi,

I was looking through the code to figure out configuring sales tax for the
product store. I am bit confused.

TaxAuthorityServices seems like the place where the tax is computed. I fail
to understand while getting the tax authorities, it looks for the tax
authorities by country, state, county and postal code BUT NOT city. Usually
city is how granular the tax is going to be. Why leave the city out of the
tax authority?

The other confusing part is, if I had State level tax authority (lets say
for default calculations) and had postal code level tax authority within the
that state, seems like the tax will be calculated by adding tax amount
corresponding to BOTH the tax authorities and NOT the most granular one!!
Ofbiz gurus can correct me if I am misunderstanding the source code.

I have looked at TaxAuthority Data Model document and related discussion
threads etc. I am trying to get tax calculated for CA state, if anyone has
done this before and has data/pointers will appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sales Tax - TaxAuthority question

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
I have not look at the code but I remember that City is supported in the
calculation of tax.
So the final tax calculated will be equal to Country + State + County +
City.

All you need to create a (TaxAuthority, TaxAuthorityRateProduct, Geo,
GeoAssoc etc..) level for City taxes (similar to county level) and associate
postal codes with taxAuthorityGeoId (Which will be unique for every city)

Hope that helps !

Vikas