Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by stalary <st...@163.com> on 2022/05/15 11:13:49 UTC

[Discuss][DSIP] Improve Doris observability

Dear All,

I’d like to improve Doris observability. This is achieved by introducing Skywalking and OpenTelemetry. Parameters allow users to decide which monitoring tool to use. First I want to support trace on the FE, implement tracing of SQL statements.

The associated issue:https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/9577

Here are the results of my preliminary research
1. Currently OpenTelemetry is very convincing in terms of protocol specifications, including traces, metrics, logs and so on, But it does not provide native data visualization, we need to export data to Zipkin or Prometheus to visualize.

2. Skywalking is currently popular, active, and has excellent feature support, including data visualization, traces, metrics, logs and so on, in particular, there is excellent support for data visualization

3. Both have Java and c++ sdk that Doris can use

—
Best regards
Stalary

Re:Re:Re:Re: Re: [Discuss][DSIP] Improve Doris observability

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Hi Zenglin,
I have create a DSIP for this proposal[1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/DSIP-012%3A+Introduce+opentelemetry

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen