Posted to users@maven.apache.org by xiubinzheng <xi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 22:12:20 UTC

Re: multi module checkout

Hi fellow developers,

I have a web application that relies on several modules. So to build it, I
have a master pom.xml file. What I want this pom file to do is to checkout
out all the modules.
below is my pom file.

<project>

<define>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>net.srirangan.packt.maven</groupId>
<artifactId>TestModularApp</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>
<name>MyLargeModularApp</name>
</define>
<build>
<plugins>
	 <plugin>
             <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
             <version>1.1</version>

			<executions>
			<execution>
						<id>check-out-project1</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
						<goal>checkout</goal>
						</goals>
                        <configuration>

<checkoutDirectory>${project.build.directory}/module1</checkoutDirectory>

<connectionUrl>scm:svn:svn://svnserver/svn/module1/trunk</connectionUrl>
						<connectionType>connection</connectionType>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://svnserver/svn/module1/trunk</developerConnection>
						<username>username</username>
						<password>password</password>
						</configuration>
			 </execution>

			  <execution>
						<id>check-out-project2</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
						<goal>checkout</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>

<checkoutDirectory>${project.build.directory}/module1</checkoutDirectory>

<connectionUrl>scm:svn:svn://svnserver/svn/module1/trunk</connectionUrl>
							<connectionType>connection</connectionType>
						<username>username</username>
							  <password>password</password>
						</configuration>
				</execution>
			</executions>
		</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

</project>

I have tried **mvn scm:checkout**  and **mvn scm:checkout
-check-out-project1** but it give me the error:
  **Cannot run checkout command : Can't load the scm provider. You need to
define a connectionUrl parameter.**

I don't understand why this is happening since I have the connectionUrl
parameters defined inside the pom file already,the ideas point that I want
to get to is having the pom file configured to be able to checkout multiple
projects at the same time. Please let me know what I am doing wrong here,
Thanks in Advance.

Also, how would you set up a master pom.xml file so that you could checkout
all the modules all at once and istall them all? Please help a lost
developer!!! Thank you very much.