Posted to user@flink.apache.org by anaray <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/01 23:29:11 UTC

FLIP-6 Docker / Kubernetes

Hi,

I was reading *Docker/Kubernetes* section of FLIP-6
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65147077).
I have question regarding point 1 ie "A job-specific image with the job
libraries, configured to launch the job (with a JobManager)"

How does job submission happens here ? Do we need write a script to submit
the job?

Re: FLIP-6 Docker / Kubernetes

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Unfortunately, there won't be native support for Kubernetes in Flink 1.5 yet
[1]. That is, you will still have to deploy a standalone session cluster and
submit a job via the REST API.

Can you open an issue in JIRA regarding the Blob Cache corruption?
FLINK-5908 is
closed already.

Best,
Gary

[1]
http://apache-flink-user-mailing-list-archive.2336050.n4.nabble.com/Migration-to-Flip6-Kubernetes-tp18937p19132.html

Re: FLIP-6 Docker / Kubernetes

Re: FLIP-6 Docker / Kubernetes

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Most, but not all, of the FLIP-6 features will be released with Flink 1.5.0.
I'm not sure if this deployment mode will be fully supported in 1.5.0. Gary
(in CC) might know details here.

Anyway, the deployment would work by starting the image using regular
Docker/Kubernetes tools.
The image would automatically bring up the JobManager and wait for
TaskManagers to connect to run the embedded application.

Best, Fabian