Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by admin <17...@163.com> on 2020/09/09 17:18:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] Support source/sink parallelism config in Flink sql

Hi devs:
Currently,Flink sql does not support source/sink parallelism config.So,it will result in wasting or lacking resources in some cases.
I think it is necessary to introduce configuration of source/sink parallelism in sql.
From my side,i have the solution for this feature.Add parallelism config in ‘with’ properties of DDL.

Before 1.11,we can get parallelism and then set it to StreamTableSink#consumeDataStream or StreamTableSource#getDataStream
After 1.11,we can get parallelism from catalogTable and then set it to transformation in CommonPhysicalTableSourceScan or CommonPhysicalSink.

What do you think?

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Support source/sink parallelism config in Flink sql

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

I have started a discussion about improving the new TableSource and
TableSink:
It includes parallelism setting, welcome to join the discussion and look
forward to your comments.

Best,
Jingsong

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Support source/sink parallelism config in Flink sql

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 刘大龙 <ld...@zju.edu.cn>.
+1

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.