Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by pradeep <pr...@jgsullivan.com> on 2001/08/16 17:12:58 UTC

Log4j file o/p problem

Hi Guys,
               My problem is very simple.I need to direct my log file
output to a location i specify.
This is what i use
My xml config file is as shown below:My java code   as shown where
strXmlFile is the file location of xml file
Im using the jbuilder environment to run .The output log is going to the
working directory of jbuilder
Is there a way to change the o/p file location using log4j xml config
file  or  api calls
ps let me know if any
thx
pradeep.

Java code

       strXmlfile=ResourceManager.getResource(LOG_FILE_LOCATION, null);
       log4j=Category.getInstance(OemsSystemLog.class.getName());
       DOMConfigurator.configure(strXmlfile);

XMl file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- This file is the configuartion files for all logging activities -->
<!-- This file prints int  a file called oemssys.log-->
<!-- To print the o/p to console comment the section  'FILE  COMMENTS START
HERE'
     AND uncomment 'CONSOLE'.The default is file o/p.-->
<!-- SEARCH FOR 'DEBUG' and follow the instruction to disable log message-->
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
         <!--FILE  COMMENTS START HERE-->
  <appender name="systemlog" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
                 <param name="File" value="oemsys.log"/>-
         <!--FILE END COMMENTS HERE-->
                         <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{dd MMM
yyyy HH:mm:ss} | %C{1} | %-5p | - %m\n"/>
                 </layout>
         </appender>
         <category name="com.oems.util.OemsSystemLog">
                 <!--DEBUG change the value to fatal if u need to disable
log messages -->
                 <priority value="info"/>
         </category>
         <root>