Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/12 13:32:17 UTC

Proposal: register user with e-mail activation

Hello,

   I add a new property to roller that is related with
the activation of user account via e-mail
when the user register to the system.

   A brief summary of what i do:
   - i add a property to the roller.properties so that
a user can turn on/off the registration of user with
e-mail activation (property is
user.account.activation.enabled).
   if user.account.activation.enabled=false,
then a user can directly register to the roller, as it
is done normally.
   if user.account.activation.enabled=true, then
a user has to activate his/her account by clicking the
link in the activation mail (when a user registers to
roller, i save the user by setting the enabled
property as false so that he/she can not login. Then,
I create an activation code, associate it with this
user, and send this code to the user via e-mail. When
user clicks the link in this e-mail, user account is
activated by setting the enabled property of this user
to true and then the related activation code record is
deleted from the database).

  I sent this email with the patch for the roller 3.0
as an attachment before, but this mail is not
delivered to the roller-dev mail list. So, i put this
file on jroller
(http://www.jroller.com/resources/s/sedat/newRollerProperty.jar);
note that the extension of the file is indeed .zip.
jroller does not allow to upload files with .zip
extensions. Due to this reason, i change the extension
of the file to .jar ( by renaming it) in order to
upload it to the jroller. So, when you download it,
change its extension to .zip .

  If you copy and paste the files to the
roller 3.0  src and compile it, it will work. I do not
try with roller 3.1 but i hope it will work (in this
case, you have to copy the related code segments to
the existing files in the roller 3.1 since there may
be changes on these files after roller 3.0).

  I hope you like this feature.

  Sedat

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Re: Proposal: register user with e-mail activation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I'm looking at the patch now and I should have some feedback soon.

I wrote up a proposal for you here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Proposal+Email+Registration

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com>.
Hello again,

Posted by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

Re: Proposal: register user with e-mail activation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, you are right. I forget to include it. Here is
the updated zip file:
http://www.jroller.com/resources/s/sedat/newRollerPropertyVer3.jar

I also update the method for generating activation
code .

Sedat

http://www.jroller.com/resources/s/sedat/newRollerPropertyVer2.jar

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

Re: Proposal: register user with e-mail activation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Sedat,

Posted by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com>.