Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@SunGardEBS.com on 2007/05/07 14:33:05 UTC

axistools-maven-plugin question

Hi Everyone,

Can you add a jar to the axistools-maven-plugin's classpath?  I need to
run the java2wsdl command and I have a dependency on one of my app's jar
in a separate maven project.  The plugin is telling me that it can't find
the class.  When I look at mvn -X logs, it shows the
axistools-maven-plugin's classpath the target/classes directory.

Thanks for your help,

David Williams

Re: axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin not working for me

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Understood. I won't interfere any more in this thread -- I've done
enough already. ;-)

Wayne

On 5/7/07, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Try adding a dependency on (below) inside the plugin:
>
> This might be a possible workaround, but
>
>   - Neethi is a transitive dependency of the plugin. It should be
> present. If not,
>     there's most possibly an error in the POM files, which should be cured.
>
>   - Axis is extremely sensitive with version numbers. Whether 2.0 is fine,
>     depends clearly on the plugin version.
>
> Jochen
>

> --
> My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
> without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've
> got a wife who's a real champ: She leaves the house and returns within
> half an hour, carrying whole bags full of meal.

RE: axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin not working for me

Posted by Ja...@wellsfargo.com.
1.2 is not working is the syntex below is correct?

	    <groupId>org.apache.axis2.maven2</groupId>
	    <artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	    <version>1.2</version>

Regards
Jaish
Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Jaish.Singh@wellsfargo.com <Ja...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> I am sure Neethi is not there in the POM for axis2 plugin

That's fine, Neethi is a transitive dependency, inherited from
axis2-kernel or whatever.

> What version of plug in you suggest which is more stable? I was trying
> with 1.1.1

Current version is 1.2.

As I wrote, please create a bug report and attach the complete log file.

Jochen

--
My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've
got a wife who's a real champ: She leaves the house and returns within
half an hour, carrying whole bags full of meal.

RE: axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin not working for me

Posted by Ja...@wellsfargo.com.
I am sure Neethi is not there in the POM for axis2 plugin

What version of plug in you suggest which is more stable? I was trying
with 1.1.1

Also where to find which version of dependency(Neethi) should be used
for 1.1.1?

FYI, I already added wsdl4j dependency in the POM.

Regards
Jaish

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Jaish.Singh@wellsfargo.com <Ja...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that plug in POM should have all the possible
> dependency defined for it what ever is required? And it should be
> downloaded automatically to local repository when do the build.

You are right - if the POM is alright. And that is exactly what I am
guessing. For example, I know of at least one POM file from Axis 2 1.1
that had problems. Which is why I would like to see the complete log
with all version numbers.

Jochen

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try adding a dependency on (below) inside the plugin:

<plugin>
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.ws.commons.neethi</groupId>
    <artifactId>neethi</artifactId>
    <version>2.0</version>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>

I found this by entering the class identified by the NoClassDef into
www.mvnrepository.com. Not sure if it will solve all your problems.

Wayne

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
I Jaish,

I once saw that error in an attempt to try axis2.

axis2 comes with a bunch of dependencies that i didn't find in the
maven repository,
Check in your downloaded axis2 zip file.

I then uploaded each in my personnal 3rdparty repo.

Raphaël

PS, Maybe thoses dependencies are foundable in another repo, which i
don't know about yet

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Jaish.Singh@wellsfargo.com <Ja...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> [INFO] org/apache/neethi/Policy
> [INFO]
> [DEBUG] Trace
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/neethi/Policy
>         at

Please create a Jira issue at http://issues.codehaus.org/jira in the
Axis2 project, component tools. Attach the complete log file there and
let me know the issue number.

Jochen

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I clicked over to the Axis1 and Axis2 sites and it seems like they
> have (their own?) Maven plugins. So I figured this was the same one
> (??). Or not?

The Axis 2 plugins are part of the Axis 2 project, because they are
closely coupled with the Axis 2 libraries. Whether this decision made
or makes sense, is questionable, of course, but to me it seemed the
best way. Nevertheless, I am maintaining them here, because this is a
list I am watching anyways.

Jochen

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Apologies. ;-)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This plugin is a product of the Apache Axis group. Please direct
> support requests to them.

Wayne, what you possibly don't know: I am the plugins author and I am
not reading the Axis mailing lists. (Too much traffic.)

Thanks,

Jochen

--
My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've
got a wife who's a real champ: She leaves the house and returns within
half an hour, carrying whole bags full of meal.

RE: axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin not working for me

Posted by Ja...@wellsfargo.com.
Thanks Wayne.

Does Mavne provide any plug-in for Axis2. I could get the plug in for
Axis 1 but not for axis 2 for building web service client.

Or if some one can help me to suggest Mavnen plug in for axis2

Thanks
Jaish

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: axistools-maven-plugin question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Please send your complete <plugin/> configuration so we can look at
it, but no guarantees as I don't use that plugin myself. There is a
decent chance you will need to receive support on this specific issue
from the author of the axistools-m-p Mojo itself.

Wayne

Posted by Da...@SunGardEBS.com.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, see the POM Reference:

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
There is a <dependencies/> node inside the <plugin/> node you can use
to specify this.