Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Steffen Plotner <sw...@amherst.edu> on 2018/06/01 19:48:35 UTC

vnc sftp-root-directory

Hello,

I like the feature of the sftp-root-directory (specifically ability to define what the current working directory should be for a user). When testing with VNC+SFTP, I find the value of the sftp-root-directory being ignored.

The value of the sftp-directory works correctly in terms of dropping a file onto the client canvas, it uploads to that location.

Steffen

Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College            Tel (413) 542-2348
Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413) 542-2626
Systems & Networking                       Amherst, MA 01002-5000     swplotner@amherst.edu

RE: vnc sftp-root-directory

Posted by Steffen Plotner <sw...@amherst.edu>.
Hello Nick,

Thank you for the response. The question about the version of guacd is exactly the issue, I was running guacd-0.9.13 and using the guacamole war files from 0.9.14.

I have fixed the version issue and it works correctly.

Steffen

Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College            Tel (413) 542-2348
Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413) 542-2626
Systems & Networking                       Amherst, MA 01002-5000     swplotner@amherst.edu

I like the feature of the sftp-root-directory (specifically ability to define what the current working directory should be for a user). When testing with VNC+SFTP, I find the value of the sftp-root-directory being ignored.

When you say "being ignored," what do you mean?  How is it behaving, and what are you expecting it to do differently?

The value of the sftp-directory works correctly in terms of dropping a file onto the client canvas, it uploads to that location.

Some clarification as I mentioned above would help, as it sounds to me like this is working properly.

What version of guacamole server (guacd) are you running?  Can you post the output from running guacd in debug mode and establishing the connection?

-Nick

Re: vnc sftp-root-directory

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.