Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Randall Clark <cl...@bjc.org> on 2002/06/12 20:17:41 UTC

Special Fonts not supported?

Can anyone tell me whether fonts such as ZapfDingbats, Dingbats, and Symbols are/are not supported in Batik?  If they are is there something special I need to know for displaying them in the batik browser?

Thank you.

Randall Clark
BJC Healthcare, MCIS M/S 90-66-510
4444 Forest Park Parkway rm. 5401
St. Louis, MO 63108
314-286-1213

Special Fonts not supported?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

RC> Can anyone tell me whether fonts such as ZapfDingbats, Dingbats,
RC> and Symbols are/are not supported in Batik?  If they are is there
RC> something special I need to know for displaying them in the batik
RC> browser?

    We get all 'platform fonts' through the JDK.  So if you can use
them in other Java Applications you should be able to use them in
Batik.  What platform are you running on?

    On Unix you can muck with 'jre/lib/font.properties' but to be
honest I don't fully understand how platform fonts work in Java.

    Of course if you really want to make sure you have the font (and
it's the same on all clients) you probably want to use an SVG font.