Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Josh Highley <na...@joshhighley.com> on 2008/05/07 22:14:54 UTC

Looking for init.d / rc.d script

Geronimo 2.1.1 on openSUSE 10.3

I'm looking for an init.d script to start and kill Geronimo service.  This
seems like a common file that would be out there all over the place, but
I've Googled every way I can think of and haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Looking for init.d / rc.d script

Posted by Trygve Hardersen <tr...@gmail.com>.
I'm using this script on Ubuntu:

# Geronimo auto-start
#
# processname: geronimo
# pidfile: /var/run/geronimo.pid

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
export GERONIMO_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

case $1 in
start)
        su -p geronimo /usr/local/geronimo/bin/startup.sh
        ;;
stop)
        sh /usr/local/geronimo/bin/shutdown.sh --user system --password
manager
        ;;
restart)
        sh /usr/local/geronimo/bin/shutdown.sh --user system --password
manager
        su -p geronimo /usr/local/geronimo/bin/startup.sh
        ;;
esac
exit 0

Trygve

[...]