Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Christy, Rich" <Ri...@citadelgroup.com> on 2001/10/01 18:42:41 UTC

Possible memory leak in IDOM_Element::getElementsByTagName()????

I trying to determine if this is a problem or not.  But each time I call
getElementsByTagName(), it works its way down to
IDDeepNodeListImpl::getDeepNodeList() where memory is allocated to and
inserted into the node list pool.  Purify claims a memory leak is occurring.
I cannot find any where in the logic where IDDeepNodeListPool::removeAll()
is called.  Am I just missing something or is this a bug.  I've added a call
to XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(), but that doesn't seem to make a
difference.

thanks

Rich Christy
rich.christy@citadelgroup.com

Re: Possible memory leak in IDOM_Element::getElementsByTagName()????

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
There was a memory leak bug in IDOM related to deepNodeList which is now fixed
in the CVS (not in nightly build yet).  You can do a CVS update to grep the
latest source tree and try again.

Please let me know if problem persists.

Thanks!

Tinny