Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com> on 2010/03/23 01:31:13 UTC

Ignore deprecations during Maven compile

I'd like to propose tweaking the Maven compiler plugin definition to ignore deprecations.  firstly, during a Maven build, the deprecation output is totally ignored by everyone I'm sure, and IDE's do a much better job of tracking these anyway, so the value to the output is just not there.

Secondly when one has this many deprecation warnings it's actually _hiding_ any compiler errors.  I was in a conversation with 'adragomir' on IRC last night (my time) and he was bitten by this, because the ERROR level stuff is done first, but quickly scrolls off the screen and becomes hidden.

If there's general agreement here, I'll raise a JIRA ticket and provide a tiny-weeny patch to do it, or if you guys want to just do it yourself go right ahead too.

cheers,

Paul

Re: Ignore deprecations during Maven compile

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

it's.. like.. really tiny, an even smaller patch is just 'open pom.xml, go to line 258, change true to false, save, git commit, git push'

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.