Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/02/06 00:01:18 UTC

Re: [API Review] Add TSHttpTxnIsCacheable()

On Feb 5, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Ethan Lai <yz...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Leif,
>
> Very useful!!!  This is what I need in collapsed connection plugin.

Yeah, that makes total sense.

> Which ts version will this API be available? 5.0 ?

This would land in a few days, as long as it passes the review phase. That means yes, it would be in v5.0.0.

> BTW, My collapsed connection plugin is almost done, could you help me to review it?

— leif

Re: [API Review] Add TSHttpTxnIsCacheable()

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Feb 6, 2014, at 9:20 AM, Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> so for example, this API will honor settings in records.config, e,g,
>
> proxy.config.http.cache.cache_responses_to_cookies
>
> proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled
>
> and tell us whether it is cacheable or not. Right?

Correct. It uses the underlying core API in HttpTransact:

	bool HttpTransact::is_response_cacheable(State* s, HTTPHdr* request, HTTPHdr* response)

— Leif

Re: [API Review] Add TSHttpTxnIsCacheable()

Posted by Shu Kit Chan <ch...@gmail.com>.
so for example, this API will honor settings in records.config, e,g,

proxy.config.http.cache.cache_responses_to_cookies

proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled

and tell us whether it is cacheable or not. Right?

That should be useful. +1