Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net> on 2001/03/11 22:19:15 UTC

DO_NOT_REPLY: Sample template as send to committers for PMC vote.

Folks,

Below is the template I am currently sending to each and every
committer individually. Please do NOT reply - if you send in
your votes they should ONLY be send to

	"Jim Jagielski" <ji...@apache.org>
        "Ben Laurie" <be...@apache.org>

who are the ASF board members which are counting the votes.

Dw

Start of template:

What:		Vote for the new PMC for the xml.apache.org
		project.

Who:		To be voted upon by comitters of the XML project.

Deadline:	15th of March 2001 00:00 UTC
		(time of arrival on an apache.org MX its MTA).

Non-vote related information:

	The following information is needed to verify validity
	of your vote.

	Name:			(for verification committer status)
	Userid on Locus:	(for verification committer status)
	Email:			(to contact you in case of problems)

	The above information will be separated from the information
	below for archival and counting purposes insofar as required
	to keep the vote fair.

Process:
	Please place exactly five 'X' onto the entries of choise,
	e.g. [X]. If you do not want to use all your five votes;
	use the blank entries at the bottom to ensure you have 5
	(five) entries marked.

	After voting please send this form to the following
	two ASF board members:

		"Jim Jagielski" <ji...@apache.org>
		"Ben Laurie" <be...@apache.org>

	Please send this form ONLY to the above two addresses,
	sending it to general@ or making it in some way public
	before the results are announced is considered vote
	rigging and may cause the ASF board to intervere.

	Privacy: OPTIONALLY you can PGP encrypt the message for
	both receipients. It is your responsibility to be familiar
	with PGP and to correctly encrypt the message. Use
	of PGP is OPTIONAL - and only for the truly concerned
	Machiavelli's of the world, plaintext is fine too.

	Only votes which are received before the deadline by
	both counters, which have exactly 5 votes, which contain
	the complete template as an text message and which are
	readable are valid. The board members doing the counting
	as supervised by the ASF board are the final authority.

Vote:
	[ ] Scott Boag
	[ ] Matthew B Brandabur
	[ ] Kelly A. Campbell
	[ ] Luc Chamberland
	[ ] Shane Curcuru
	[ ] Vincent Hardy
	[ ] Ted Leung
	[ ] Ram Mareddy
	[ ] Tinny Ng
	[ ] Sam Ruby
	[ ] Davanum Srinivas
	[ ] Kimbro Staken
	[ ] Rajesh Thiharie and
	[ ] Dirk-Willem van Gulik

	[ ] Blank vote 1
	[ ] Blank vote 2
	[ ] Blank vote 3
	[ ] Blank vote 4
	[ ] Blank vote 5

End of Template

Appendix A

	Optional.
	PGP keys of ASF supervised voting committee.

	Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
	pub   768/A0BB71C1 1997/06/03 Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>
	pub  1024/2719AF35 1995/05/13 Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>
       	                              Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>

Re: DO_NOT_REPLY: Sample template as send to committers for PMC vote.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>.
Clarification:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Below is the template I am currently sending to each and every
> committer individually. Please do NOT reply - if you send in
> your votes they should ONLY be send to
..
> Start of template:

Despite the do-not-reply; do feel free of course to use the template if
you are a comitter and somehow did not get the template I send you
personally to your apache.org address.

The do-not-reply was meant to avoid your vote to go back to the
mailing list - and thus not keeping it anonymous.

Dw