Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alan Murrell <si...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/30 17:07:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache + mod_php problem: javascript

Hello,

We have a site which shows a menu using javascript,
and there is also a control panel login that
authenticates by connecting to an MMSQL database using
FreeTDS.  We were previously running Apache 1.3.26 +
(mod) PHP v4.1.2.

Last week, I was informed that the control panel does
not work (instead of authenticating, it just kicks you
back to the login page; almost like it did not even
try to connect to the database), and the javascript
menu on the left side shows up as a broken image.  Our
webmaster did not change anything.  The only thing
that was changed was that I had upgraded Apache to
1.3.27 and (mod) PHP to 2.4.3; this was done using
ApacheToolbox (http://apachetoolbox.sf.net).

The Apache config was pretty standard; the only thing
I changed was the path to be installed in
('/usr/local/apache-1.3.27-1', tho I symlinked
'/usr/local/apache' to it), and the '--suexec-docroot'
option to reflect where we store websites.  The PHP
configuration did not change at all:

-----
./configure --with-pgsql --with-mysql
--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds --enable-sockets
--enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid
-----

The weird thing is that I went back to the previous
version of Apache/mod_php, by symlinking
'/usr/local/apache' back to the directory it was
contained it, but the problem was still coming up,
even though 'phpinfo()' indicated it was running under
the previous version of PHP (4.1.2).

We are thouroughly stumped as to whatt he cause of
this could have been, and seem unable to correct this.
   I am hoping that someone here has some ideas?  Is
it possible that the newest version of PHP does not
handle the javascript "interpretation" correctly?

TIA, for your help.

ALan Murrell <si...@yahoo.com>

Re: [users@httpd] Apache + mod_php problem: javascript

Posted by Alan Murrell <si...@yahoo.com>.
 --- Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com> wrote:
> PHP 2.4.3?

Sorry, abou that; it was a typo.  I meant 4.2.3 .

> Also, JavaScript and PHP are absolutely unrelated.

Well, they must be related insome way, because I
re-installed the version of PHP that was in the system
before (4.1.2), and now everything works properly
again.  But since it is clearly a PHP issue, it has no
place on this list, and I apologize for taking up the
bandwidth.  I will take this up with the PHP people
:-)

Thank you for your help, and suggestions.  I will try
them out on a testbed machine, and see if they help at
all.

Alan

Re: [users@httpd] Apache + mod_php problem: javascript

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

PHP 2.4.3?
Also, JavaScript and PHP are absolutely unrelated. PHP is executed by the Server and JavaScript by the browser.
For the JavaScript you could start off comparing the resulting files between the old PHP and the new PHP.
For the database connection you could try to set "register_globals=On" in php.ini.

Jurgen