Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2013/01/04 11:08:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release ServiceDiagnostics Webconsole Plugin version 0.1.2

Hi,

I'd like to release a new version of the ServiceDiagnostics webconsole plugin.
This new version features better integration with the webconsole architecture, proper handling of service properties
and detection of circular dependencies between services across dependency frameworks.
It's also lighter as it doesn't embed the scala library anymore.

A sample launcher with the required dependencies can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics/run.sh

Changes from 0.1.1 to 0.2.0
---------------------------

** Bug
   * [FELIX-3764] servicediagnostics plugin does not append the correct context path info to it's javascript files
   * [FELIX-3767] servicediagnostics plugin should properly handle service properties

** Improvement
   * complete rewrite
   * [FELIX-3768] servicediagnostics plugin should detect circular dependencies
   * doesn't embedd scala, json or jquery anymore

** Backward compatibility
   * broken: plugin API changed

There are still some outstanding issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3769 (I'll change to the new plugin directory structure when it's released)

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-098/
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-093/ (parent pom)

You can usethis  UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh [YOUR REPOSITORY ID] /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approvethis  release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be openfor  72 hours.

Best regards,
Arjun

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release ServiceDiagnostics Webconsole Plugin version 0.1.2

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Excellent, thanks a lot.
I've released on Nexus.

Regards,
Arjun

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Arjun

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Probably only the PMC has write access, at least that would be my guess. I am travelling so my network connection is a bit spotty at the moment.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Thanks everyone,

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceDiagnostics Webconsole Plugin version 0.1.2

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
+1

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Hello everyone,

The theoritical 72 hours for the vote are loooong gone, and I'm still
missing one PMC vote to make the release.

Many thanks to Pierre De Rop and Carsten Ziegler for their favourable
vote. Anyone else?

(Note to Felix, this release fixes the webconsole integration issue
raised a while ago by Raymond Augé)

Regards,
Arjun

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ups, I missed this one as well...

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceDiagnostics Webconsole Plugin version 0.1.2

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arjun;