Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/05/25 17:52:29 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 available

Apologies for the delay in sending this out.

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 8.0.35.

Apache Tomcat 8.0 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language and Java
WebSocket technologies.

Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 includes fixes for issues identified in 8.0.33 as
well as other enhancements and changes. The notable changes since 8.0.33
include:

- Make the default TLS configuration more secure.

- Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7
  to pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h
  and APR 1.5.2.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy!

- The Apache Tomcat team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 available

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.0.35 available

Posted by David Wall <d....@computer.org>.
Does anybody know if the AES+GCM bug that causes a JVM Crash (I believe
only under JDK 8) when running TLS in Tomcat using Java's JSSE has been
fixed?  I doubt this is a Tomcat issue, but since the bug likely only
appears for uses of TLS's AES+GCM in Tomcat, I hope someone here may
know the details.  I can't seem to track the fix (it's a rather old bug
considering the severity of a JVM crash just using TLS) in Java.

Thanks,
David