Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 16:07:20 UTC

announcing couchbeam, a new erlang couchdb library

Hi,

Quick mail to announce the release of couchbeam a new Erlang Couchdb
library. I spend last 4 days to write it because i didn't find
something that fit my needs. Also it was fun.

Couchbeam source code and downloads are on github :

http://github.com/benoitc/couchbeam/

Current features are :

* A full client in sync with latest CouchDB version
* Possible to use it as a simple standalone client (without starting
application and such).
* Multi node. You can use it easily with multiple databases
* It follows OTP principles if you want (supervised connections, ...)
* No dependancies. Http client use gen_recv and allow full streaming
of attachments.
* Views can be retrieved while they coming (See example
parse_incoming_view escript).
* Attachements are streamed and can be save on disk (or whatever you
want) while they coming.
* Authentification support.

Please let me know what you think about it. Any feedback is appreciated.

enjoy,

- benoît

RE: announcing couchbeam, a new erlang couchdb library

Posted by Lynton Grice <ly...@logosworld.com>.
Hi there,

I have just installed it on my windows box and it WORKS LIKE A DREAM!! I had
some issues running the "erlang_couchdb" because of some JSON encoding
errors because of "Mochiweb"....

But this is SUPER, well done on a great library!

Lynton

Posted by "Kevin A. Smith" <ke...@hypotheticalabs.com>.
Thank you for writing this! I've got an immediate need for this sort
of client on my next project. You've saved me quite a bit of time.

--Kevin

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/30 Lynton Grice <ly...@logosworld.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just installed it on my windows box and it WORKS LIKE A DREAM!! I had
> some issues running the "erlang_couchdb" because of some JSON encoding
> errors because of "Mochiweb"....
>
> But this is SUPER, well done on a great library!
>
> Lynton

Thanks for the feedback, that's cool to know it works somewhere else :)

- benoît